Results oriented, resourceful, and enthusiastic Engineering Professional with 12 years of well-rounded experience in contributing to research, design, and knowledge advancement in industry. Expert problem solver with proven track record for enhancing design success and improving analytical and operational processes. Excellent pattern recognition and conceptualization skills for design combined with strong abilities to communicate and implement solutions.
- Digital Signal Processing: Spectral Analysis, Filter Design, and System Analysis using Matlab, C, and
Verilog. Publications in ITC 2012 and VST 2014 concerning DSP techniques for
integrated Built-In Self-Test systems.
- Embedded Engineering: Hardware Prototyping of PCB with Altium
Actuation: stepper and gear motors, thermal heaters, Proportional Integral
Differential control of heater/thermocouple
Sensors: 100Watt RF Monitoring, mA-scale current monitoring and oscilloscope
front-end, optical, thermal, and RF detectors.
Design for hostile RF environments such as near 100Watt, 1GHz sources
Board Bring-Up and Software Design: Of custom AVR and MSP-based boards via
ISP and interfacing TI Code Composer, IAR Workbench and AVRDude.
Complete, operational hardware and software designs including CNC Additive
Manufacturing (3D Printing) Machines, Mobile Robotics Platforms, Wireless Power
Transmission Systems and Electronic Musical Instruments.
- Integrated Circuits: Analog and Digital Circuit Design on IBM SiGE BiCMOS and TSMC ASICs and
Altera FPGAs. Integrated circuit design using Cadence ICFB, HSPICE, Berkeley
SPICE, Monte Carlo and HSMC, Verilog, VerilogA, System Verilog
Fault Tolerance, Fault Coverage, and Interference Detection with Built-In Self-
Test; Modeling Interconnect of RF Digital Communications (designing with linear
and non-linear RF blocks)
Subcircuit design including ADC, DAC, Mixers, PLL, LNA, TDC, Triggers, SRAM,
BIST core, JTAG, CPU, MUX, DMUX, Operational Amplifiers, and Filters.
- Software Development: Scripting: Asset processing with Python, build tooling with GNU make, image
processing in Python Image Library
Applications: Live Data Visualization with Java, Color Visualization with PIL
Low Level: Software drivers using device tree, LKM and Virtual Serial Ports,
Embedded software, bare metal and with RTOS, frameworks including Atmel AVR
(Arduino and standalone), ARM (TI Stellaris, Raspberry Pi, and Beaglebone), and
TI MSP (RF detectors and monitoring equipment)
- Programming Languages: Primary: C, Python, Matlab and Verilog
Secondary: ARM Assembly, C++, Java, LabView and BASH
IDEs including VSCode, IAR Workbench, and TI Code Composer
Source control using Git or SVN
- Dissertation: "A Digital Method for Phase Noise Measurement"
- A. Ecker, K. Blakkan, M. Soma, "Digital Method for Phase Noise Measurement", International Test Conference, 2012
Describes the use of Digital Signal Processing to perform evaluations of radio-spectrum signals (Wi-Fi, etc.)
- A. Ecker, M. Soma, "A Method for Phase Noise Extraction from Data Communication", VLSI Test Conference, 2014
Evaluates high-frequency digital signals such as USB, HD TV (HDMI) and networking standards for radio-spectrum signals.